Hey people!

Navigate using the rectangles on your right and enjoy your stay!
Remember to tag!



Making my dash count...

Monday, May 9, 2011

The journey...


A friend posted the song "Gravity" by Sarah Bareilles on my FB page today. It was a song that clearly depicted my life and the situation I was in at one point in time. With the opening chords of the song, I'm "forced" to stop, turn back and ponder at my journey thus far.



After more than 23 years walking down this road, I think I'm slowly getting a hang of things. I'm not saying I'm perfect and I've learnt everything I need to learn. No, I'm not. What I'm saying is that I'm slowly starting to feel comfortable with who I am and to love the life that God has carved out for me. My journey might not be as tragic as others’ but that doesn’t discount the fact that I have had a crazy, bumpy ride. But God has led me through many storms, guiding my every step and carrying me when I could walk no more. Now looking back, I see it so clearly and I thank Him for every hardship that I had to go through.



The sound of the strings fading out marks the end of the song, and I'm brought back to where I am today. Slowly, I take a deep breath, look around and soak it all in. My path is still the same but my surroundings are not like what they used to be. I’m a different person, at a different point in life, in a different country and with different people. But the storms are still there – finding a good home and car; trusting God with finances; how I struggled to fit in and find good friends; constantly reminding myself to surrender my future into God’s hands; and now believing for healing and a miracle in Mom’s life.



I take a deep breath once more, but this time with my eyes closed. I feel Him… I feel His strong arms surrounding me. I feel safe, secure and at ease. My Father is still with me and never once has He left my side. I take a moment to draw strength from Him because I know I’m going to need it. With a final squeeze, I pull away from my Father’s embrace. He holds out His hand and I take it. As I look ahead, I see the storm approaching.



I feel my Father’s grip on my hand tighten and I know it’s time to resume my journey. But at the same time, I feel gravity holding my feet down. What do I do? What should I do? The answer is as clear as day. I cling on to the Master’s hand, gather up all the strength that I have within me… and take the first step forward. And with that very step rooted in faith and determination, I know with all my heart, no matter how hard the winds blow… I will continue walking forward!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<$MTEntryBody$>